Welcome to the 4-H Camp Handbook
Are you ready to experience one of the most fun weeks of your life? Do you like to catch bugs, butterflies, crawdads or fish? Or learn new things such as swimming, riflery, archery, canoeing, crafts, songs and dances? Or do you like to go for a hike and spend time identifying trees and critters you find along the way? Do you like making new friends and having lots of fun?
THEN 4-H CAMP IS FOR YOU!
4-H's mission is to help young people become self-directing, productive and contributing members of society. More specifically, its objectives are to help young people to:
- Develop inquiring minds, an eagerness to learn and the ability to apply science and technology.
- Learn practical skills, develop competencies and acquire knowledge.
- Strengthen abilities to make intelligent decisions, solve problems and manage their own affairs in a fast-changing world.
- Acquire positive attitudes toward self and a feeling of self-worth.
- Develop their potential by seeking and acquiring educational and vocational experiences
- Improve skills in communication and self-expression.
- Develop effective interpersonal relationships with adults and other youth.
- Maintain optimum physical and mental health.
- Develop a concern for involvement in community and public affairs.
- Increase leadership capabilities
- Develop socially acceptable behavior, personal standards and values for living.
- Develop abilities to perform as productive, contributing citizens.Use time wisely in attaining a balance in life (work, leisure, family, community and self)